Wednesday 29 May 2013

And the winners are........

Well, everyone's a winner actually! What an experience! Organizers did a fantastic job. The quilts were beautifully displayed. Welcome table staffed perfectly, quilt raffle tickets sold en masse and a successful sales table!

And the quilts, beautifully displayed. Row after row. For a small guild, members are very productive.

Wonderful colours, creative designs, varied techniques and excellent technical skills.

This fabulous quilt by fellow quilt artist Ariana won the Canadian Quilter's Association prize:


A photo and article about Ariana's quilt will be published in the Canadian Quilter's Association Newsletter http://www.canadianquilter.com/

Get more info about the Ariana and her quilts via:


A three dimentional floral quilt by Hélène won the Courtepointe Quebec Award. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of her quilt. Here is link to the CQQ: http://cqq.ca/home/

There were also 7 Viewer's Choice Awards (including my own, What a surprise. I still can't believe it!). Here are the ones I photographed:



Scrappy log cabin
A few of my favorite things

Dresden Plate





And my contribution at the end of the row:


Here's a close up of my Y2K Millennium quilt relaxing and enjoying it's ribbon:



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts Judith. >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Patchy! @Stellamaybel love to sleep on them so I made them their own. And I made some and and put them on Etsy. They are named after Stella's Twitter friends

      Delete

I love to read our comments about my blogs and look forward to replying