Sunday 13 October 2013

Choosing a new sewing machine is harder than....

I found a new machine. Stay tuned for my new blog entitled "My new Baby"

I love my Bernina but it's 12 years old and, well, it's starting to have issues. Most recently it either refused to start or it kept going when I took my foot off the pedal. Go! Go! Stop! Stop! OMG Stop! I'm sure you can imagine my frustration!

I took the poor thing in and she has been repaired. Works like a charm now but, you know, it's time.

So I begin my search for a new machine and I would love your input.

I was thinking of another Bernina but my local Bernina dealer went out of business.

I looked at the Elna Excellence 740 the other day. Looks like a nice machine. It has a knee lifter for the presser foot, an extra long throat, an extension table, a drop-in bobbin and the thread cutter and automatic threader that I\ve always wanted. It also has a ton of embroidery stitches and a fancy built-in walking foot.

I've also seen good reviews of Pffaf and Janome as well especially for speed (number of stitches per minute) but haven't seen the machines yet.

Now Amy, author of the blog Amy's Creative Side is hosting a The Bloggers Quilt Festival. And Baby Lock is sponsoring a raffle of a machine just like Amy's! What luck. I would love a Melody sewing machine like Amy's. That would be fabulous and solve my what machine to buy dilemma.


Love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read our comments about my blogs and look forward to replying