Sunday 1 December 2013

Sunday Summary - Black Friday Edition


Black Friday! Wow! Hubby and I crossed the border into the US and braved the crowds for the post Thanksgiving tradition called Black Friday. I have to say that upstate New Yorkers and  Vermonters are a great bunch. To be fair, we avoided most of the really crowded places but we did go into Best Buy and stand in line for a deal on TV. Nice folks all standing patiently in line waiting their turn. I even met a bathroom cleaning attendant in The Christmas Tree store that was smiling happily. Speaking of The Christmas Tree store there's a great Chicago style hot dog vendor outside. We ate delicious hotdogs outside in the sun. They were great!

Joann's Fabric was open at 6 AM and all the quilters and crafters were there. I'd been wanting an Accuquilt Go for quite awhile. It was 40% off, so, you know! why not.

Visited a quilt store too. Yankee Pride in Essex, VT. Nice store. I needed fabric for a couple of baby quilts and a queen size too. Here's a little teaser:


Earlier in the week I continued quilting Nancy's quilt this week. I'm making progress, slowly! I've used 700 yards of thread so far!

Oh and I won a giveaway! I'm so excited. Two yards of fabric from The Fabric Worm. I got this email from Deby at So Sew Easy:

"Yay – you are a winner!
 
You won the Fabric Worm Giveaway
 
 
If you would please confirm full name and postal address, I will ask Fabric Worm to contact you about picking your fabric choices.
 
Congratulations and thank you for entering"

Well, that was my week. 
 

2 yards of fabric from ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read our comments about my blogs and look forward to replying